ADVANCED FOOD SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
Aim of the course is to familiarise students with advanced food science and technology with particular aspects of their contribution to sustainable food production development. It will cover the basic inter relations of food sciences with food chemistry, microbiology and food processing. The course will look at various advanced food packaging, non-thermal process, nanotechnology, food encapsulation, novel and genetically modified food and their contribution to sustainable development.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Know and describe the differences between advanced and conventional food technology;
- Identify the impacts of advanced food sciences and technology on sustainable development of food industry;
- Explain relation between health, nutrition and nutrients,
- Recognise and explain advanced approaches to food technology and food packaging,
- Apply lab methods for food quality and hygiene control;
- Apply advanced technology in food processing.