RESEARCH METHODOLOGIES AND TOOLS
This course aims to guide Master’s students towards achieving competence and proficiency in theoretical and practical research. This fundamental aim can be realised through helping these students to develop the subject of their research, encourage the formation of higher level of trained intellectual ability, critical analysis, rigour and independence of thought, foster individual judgement and skill in the application of research theory and methods, and develop skills required for writing research proposals, reports, and dissertation.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Define research approaches;
- Explain conditions necessary for quality scientific work;
- Know and apply methods and tools in order to complete scientific work (pick subject, methods and techniques of data collection, collect and research literature, data analysis, write the scientific work);
- Explain and apply parametric and nonparametric statistics;
- Apply gained theoretical knowledge on how to write a scientific work to seminars (student project) and thesis , and prepare seminar and thesis;
- Plan an experiment;
- Statistically analyse data.